Sunday, 6 February 2011

Chocolate crunch & pink custard...


Yum!!

So I mentioned in my last post that I was off to my parents to have dinner and that for desert I was having Chocolate Crunch and Pink Custard.......awesome!!
Well, it was very awesome and I thought I would share the deliciousness with you all and give you the recipe!!
For those who aren't sure what this is, it is a pudding that they used to serve in school dinners back in the 80/90s - it was amazing, the best thing about school!! 

My mum found the recipe a few years back and we now only have it once in while - to keep the specialness of it!!!!

Chocolate crunch

8oz S.R Flour
6oz butter
5oz sugar
1oz cocoa powder
1 egg
Bit of milk
and a 8 x 8 square tin


Melt the sugar and butter together in a saucepan over a low heat.
Remove from heat, then add flour and cocoa powder - mix with a wooden spoon.
Add beaten egg with a little bit of milk and mix well.
Put mix into floured tin and cook on gas mark 4 (180) for about 40-45 minutes.
When cool cut into squares.


Pink Custard!

1 packet of Strawberry or Raspberry blancmange.
2-3 tablespoons of sugar
1 pint of milk



Empty sachet of blancmange into a bowl, add sugar and 3 tablespoons of milk - mix to a smooth paste.
Heat the remaining milk in a saucepan until warm.
Add a little of the warm milk to the paste - mix - add the rest and return it to the saucepan.
Bring to the boil, then stirring continuously, simmer gently for a least a minute (until thickened)

Pour into a jug and voila! You have your pink custard!!!


Take a slice of chocolate crunch, put in a bowl, add your custard and enjoy the utter yummyness of it!!



Ooooooooh I want more now!!!!!

xxx

4 comments:

  1. So that's what pink custard is!!

    I didn't grow up in this country so school dinners are not a part of my childhood so this was all new to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I remember chocolate crunch and pink custard! Thanks for the recipes - my children didn't believe they really existed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done - you have won my facebook giveaway - please email me your address to poppyanddaisys@gmail.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was known as chocolate crunch and pink sauce at my primary school, thank you so much for sharing the recipe, I've made it with gluten-free flour (as I'm wheat intolerant) and dairy-free milk and spread (I am lactose intolerant too!) and they have turned out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

I like messages, they make me happy!!