Thursday, 2 June 2011

All my muscles ache!


Yesterday was one heck of a day!

Me and Deak helped my sister in law move house! Well! I was amazed at how much stuff she had in her flat, which was up 4 flights of stairs so lugging all that stuff down the stairs and into the van was tough. 
I was the white-van-lady, first time ever driving a van, and I quite enjoyed it!! 

We started at 10am and got home at 10.45pm................long day.

It was only us 2 women until 5pm (apart from Deak who was the door-opener!) and then her mum and boyfriend came to help after work, it was nice to have a little breather!!!

But we got it completed and now she is in a lovely new house with a fab garden and I'm looking forward to the day she says she is all unpacked and we can go round for Fajitas!!! Yum!

All I can say today is that I am so sore I can barely move! All my muscles ache, I'm off to have a long hot bath to try and soothe the pain!!!
Ooooh and when I popped home for lunch yesterday I had a fabulous parcel waiting for me from the lovely Ali over at Magic Making Hands

Summer swap parcel

Gorgeous stuff.....................I was ooohing and aaaahing opening each one!!
a lovely handmade heart, 
needles, 
handmade pin holder book, 
handmade flower brooch,
tape measure, 
box of buttons/thread/ribbon, 
pegs with cute handmade decorations on the top, 
a handmade covered notebook and pencil
and some yummy chocolate!!!!!!

I love it all, Ali, Thank you so much and I will be posting yours shortly (sorry for the delay x)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



8 comments:

  1. Well done for your help moving, it's hard enough when you're doing it for yourself let alone for someone else! Sounds like you'll deserve those fajitas :) great swap x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeeeeeek babs. Can totally image your pain (done a few moves in n out of flats over the years!!!) Hope the soak in the bath help. OooOOoo great swapsies twinks. Enjoy the choccy's. Loves Ionwen X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I feel your pain!! We moved in November from a 3rd floor apartment to a 1st floor maisonette a couple of hours away and even with help from our parents it was a tiring day. I had no idea that we had so much STUFF until we were lugging it up and down stairs, we've promised ourselves movers next time!

    On the upside - treat yourself to some of those yummy chocs and feel no guilt as you'll certainly have burnt those off and more!

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope after a hot bath and another nights sleep you are slightly less achey today - moving is a nightmare! (and unfortunately I think we are moving again in about a month!!) Just think of all the brownie points you will have gained though :) Have a lovely relaxing weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great swap gifts :) i love helping other people move house cos at least you don't have to unpack everything at the end! Hope you don't feel as tired today :)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you like it! I had great fun putting it all together for you ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous swaps, you lucky thing :)
    Sue Xxx

    ReplyDelete

I like messages, they make me happy!!